What is TAO - Therapy Assistance Online?
- TAO is an interactive, web-based program that provides guided activities to help overcome anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
- TAO is based on well-researched and highly effective strategies for helping anxiety, depression and other common concerns.
- Exercises take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete.
- Choose from different "Pathway" modules including Calming Your Worry, Let Go and Be Well, Interpersonal Relationships and Communication, Leave Your Blues Behind, Improving Your Mood, and Evaluating Alcohol and Drug Use.
Click the image to watch a short video explaining TAO
TAO allows you to have access to highly effective therapy modules 24/7.
Take TAO's Online Screening
Take TAO’s online screening for common problems. TAO will ask you a few questions in each area and provide some feedback along with some ideas about next steps you can take.
Sign Up for TAO
To get started, go to https://thepath.taoconnect.org/ and select “Sign up in Self-Help with an Institution.”
- Enter your basic info. Use your UCSB email.
- Leave the "Enrollment Key" field blank.
- Demographics are optional. Read and click the checkbox on the TAO Self-Help Informed Consent. Then click "Sign Me Up!"
- You will receive a TAO Welcome email with login instructions to go to https://thepath.taoconnect.org/. Enter your UCSB email address, then log in with your NetID and password.