Everyone experiences distress and has difficultly coping at some point in their lives. Reaching out to others can provide relief and build strength. You don’t need to navigate life’s challenges alone.
- Figure out who is part of your support team
(friends, family, romantic partner, TA, professor, therapist, etc.)
- Message your support team however you feel comfortable
(phone call, text, message)
- Walk in to CAPS during normal business hours (9am-4pm M-F) or call us
Clinicians available 24hrs a day/7days a week at (805) 893–4411
- Find your own words to let others know you need their support
Here are some examples:
- "I'm struggling and could use some help"
- "I’m feeling overwhelmed and am not handling things well right now"
- "I have a lot going on and need to talk"
If YOU have Thoughts of Suicide
If you are having thoughts of ending your life, please reach out to someone and #saysomething. There are many resource options that can help keep you safe.