What is a Single Session?
A single, goal-oriented, complete therapy session that provides you with strategies to help improve a particular situation or goal.
How does it work? What to expect in your 75-minute session:
- Decide on a goal for the session such as, "to make a decision," "increase my motivation," or "cope with a breakup."
- Fill out some intake forms on the CAPS portal.
- Meet with your therapist (via Zoom due to the pandemic) for 30-40 minutes to discuss your concerns.
- Take a 10-minute break while the therapist helps prepare a plan based on your goals for the session.
- Session will resume and the therapist will share thoughts, strategies, and provide resources to help you with your goal. Sometimes this includes recommendations for additional services (e.g., brief therapy, group therapy, or long-term therapy).
If you decide to pursue Single Session Therapy at CAPS, your single session appointment will be scheduled at the time of your Brief Assessment.